Thursday, July 06, 2006

Travel Day NYC - Home

When Andy woke me up this morning at 9am I hoped I was dreaming - but I wasn't... we had to go over to Brooklyn to drop off all of the gear that is staying in the USA to the next tour... stuff like the keyboards, akai sampler, guitar amps, guitars... a whole bunch of stuff - a lot of them were not exactly the lightest things in the world... but luckily three of the Domino peeps came down to help us bring it up... once we had loaded it all in it was time for Steve to show me the Domino CD racks where I had a free pick of what I wanted... they really hooked me up big time! That made up for carrying all that stuff up there that's for sure... after popping out for some breakfast with Andy we both whipped out our laptops and did a whole bunch of stuff online back at the office... then before I knew it I had to get back over to the other side of the river to meet up with everyone else as cabs were coming to take us to JFK airport at 1:45pm... luckily I made it well on time... and before you could say Jose Gonzalez we were back on a plane on the way over the BIG pond... I was so wrecked that I fell asleep before we even took off... I just don't function properly without enough sleep... but it wasn't the most comfortable seat in the world so I kept waking up with a seriously stiff neck... boy do I have it bad sometimes :OP I did manage to watch the movie "V for Vendetta" again... I think it's a really good movie and I love Natalie Portman..... then when we got to the other end - London Heathrow - it was time to say good by to the others as I was getting a connecting flight to Cologne in Germany... Gordon had already rushed off - guess he was excited about seeing his wife .... but I will be seeing them all in a few weeks anyway when we start doing the summer festivals around Europe - in August I believe... my flight to Cologne was short and sweet and now I am sitting on the train to Aachen writing the final lines of this US tour blog... looking forward to getting to my home sweet home and just chilling.... even though this tour had it's fair share of ups & downs I think it is safe to say that is was a full on success... everyone did there best and I think we will all have very fond memories of this 3 week stint with Jose and Juana... I think it was a very special line-up and I have to say I learned so much from just watching both of them perform... both are great artists in their own right and I wish them all the success in the world... they definitely deserve it.... ... ... gotta get off the train now... I will probably have a little while off blogging but will be back very soon with the continuing saga...... so stay tuned........!





























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home