Thursday, August 03, 2006

AMV- London + impromptu session with DOG

I knew today was most likely going to be a mad one but it turned out even madder than I had imagined...

I decided to have a nice big English fry up at the best restaurant for that kind of thing that I know of: The Other Side here in Kings Cross... without a doubt my favorite fry up place around here... but as usual it kinda laid heavy in my stomach afterwards - always part of the package I guess....

From there it was back to Psapp HQ to load up the gear for the show...


We cabbed it down there and set up...

Was a mad place...



Not a venue at all... just a lounge in the agency that was converted especially for the show...

Gal and I hunted around for freebies as we always do and came across the greatest collection of crisps EVER lol!




So it was crisps and fizzy for the next couple of hours whilst we set up and soundchecked...


Once that was done, Jim, Carim and I popped out for a bite... Carim recommended we go to this Lebanese place he had been before just around the corner... was great.... bit of a rush though as showtime was at 19:00... when we got back to the agency it was already pretty packed...

Hardly knew anyone there to start with but then my good friends Takami, Bluey, Mao and her friend turned up...


Was so great to see them... the show went really well apart from the fact that my drumkit kept moving all over the place.... was a really wobbly makeshift stage and once everyone on stage started moving, the kit and mic's moved with them... oh well, not to worry....




Was great to catch up with some friends afterwards and even make some new acquaintances (Hi Bart)...


But whilst everyone was getting down and dirty I had to pack up my stuff and then shoot off to West London...

My old bandmate Mark aka DOG was doing some advert music and needed some 'Stomp' style percussion on it... so they had me come over.... was great to finally get together and do some stuff together... we have been meaning to for quite some time now... last time we worked with each other was back in 2003... how time flies... anyway, the commercial was for some government thing... recruiting community police I think... but it was so cool because Mark actually had me play 'to film' - which is something I had never done before...

We did just over ten takes of different percussion and then Marks very talented (and pleasant) assistant Joss started going through it all and picking the best stuff out and assembling it... they work very well together as a team it has to be said... I hung out for a while until they had their first rough edit... sounded great... can't wait to hear what it turns out like
when it is done... they have to have an edit done by tomorrow morning I think and then it is to be approved by THE home secretary on Monday... like I said... kind of a mad day.... but now I am wrecked and need to get some sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home