Friday, September 29, 2006

Blue Man callbacks - Amsterdam

After all this time, the day of the Blue Man Group final callbacks
arrived quite swiftly...

I got up just before 6am this morning to get all my stuff ready and then off it was on the big journey to Amsterdam.

I took the train there which was nice...

I love just looking out the window and letting thoughts come and go as they please...

...there was some lovely scenery on the way there I have to say and the day was beautiful which made it all the more pleasant....

...anyway, I got there a few hours early so I decided to walk down to the rehearsal studio where the auditions were being held and take in some of the sites and atmosphere...

The only other time I was ever in Amsterdam was when I did a show with Psapp here at the Paradiso last year...

Back then there was no time to do any site seeing so this was to be my first time really 'experiencing' Amsterdam...

...it's such a cool city...

...the way the roads in the center are laid out...

...has a very organic feel to it...

... ... ...but
back to the audition lol!

I was the first to arrive at the rehearsal studio which was no surprise as I was over an hour early...

But it was cool as the atmosphere in there was nice - a real chilled out vibe... I got myself a Sprite and flicked through a magazine that was lying around...

Closer to audition time I did my usual warm up exercises (as featured a few days ago on my videocast :oP) and then we were all asked inside the studio.... at first I thought it was just going to be drummers again (as in the first audition) but it turned out there were only two other drummers and the rest were string players...

I felt like the audition itself went very well.... I know I gave it my best shot... made a few minor mistakes here and there but that was bound to happen considering the unique setup of their kits (that's my excuse anyway lol)... all in all though I was very happy with my performance...

Jens, Todd and David, who were in charge of things, made sure it stayed fun at all times which surely helped... so now it is the BIG wait....

Apparently we will get a call between the 6th and 10th of October when the last of the final callback participants have been seen.... I am just glad my part of the auditioning process is over for now and look forward to hearing the results...

...so keep your fingers crossed!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home