Saturday, September 23, 2006

Electric Picnic - Dublin

Here we go... I have finally gotten around to uploading the pictures I took a few weeks ago in Dublin at The Electric Picnic...

So much went wrong today...

...stuff that was out of peoples hands....

...but also stuff that wasn't necessary...

...but there is no reason to go into any of that here anymore... so let's concentrate on the nice things that happened today...

Gwen brought me soooooooooooo many new amazing sunglasses for on-stage (and possibly off!)... so cool!

Then I bumped into an old friend of mine: Steve Hogan... we go way back to 1993 where we studied together in London... these days he is a very succesful drummer in Ireland... here he is with his wife after playing his show.

Then I had a whole bunch of family come to our show... even though I was planning on staying here for an extra day to spend some time with them, I was pleased that I got to see them at all.... even if it was only for ten minutes after the show... some of them I hadn't seen in three years!

The most bizarre coincidence of the day had to be when we reached Dublin airport in the evening and I bumped into my old school teacher, Herr Cordes! I was 11 years old when he started teaching me... and by chance we ran into each other at the airport car park...

... and this Belgian guy was on the same plane this morning and also on the same flight back with us in the evening... some weird bachelor party ritual only Belgian people will understand.... very fun guy all the same though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home