Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lowlands - Holland

It was an early start for Lowlands this morning...

Around 8:30am it was back on the road. We were all pretty smashed I think. But it was a fairly easy drive up there.

Gal continued to make her new sock puppets... at least I think they are new... I first saw them yesterday... but knowing her she has been making them for ages...

When we got to the festival there was some weird political discussion going on in the Lima tent where we were to play.... so Carim, Jim and I took ourselves off for a little walk around the festival grounds...

It turned out to be a lot bigger than I had expected. When we arrived I had the feeling that it was going to be a small festival but it was not to be so... there were some really great features, like this giant space-carrot for instance....

Before I knew it, it was time to do the show... we were first on again and to my surprise the tent was PACKED again...

The show was great because the crowd were great... different from the Belgium crowd though... in Belgium the crowd would clap throughout the songs so you had a good idea if they were into it or not... but here for the most part I found the crowd really quiet during the songs and only by there applause after we had finished each track did I see that they were into it... Each country has their own way of showing their appreciation I guess...

Once we were done we had some time to hang out with our friends...

Anja and her friend came all the way from Cologne to see the show which was lovely.... it had been ages since I last saw her....



An hour or so after the show Carim, Gal & I did a special acoustic performance for '3 voor 12'. As usual we played 'Tricycle' and 'Needle & Thread'...

Gal and Carim then did an interview for the show....

The crew were all really cool and we had a very fun time hanging out and just being silly...

At a certain point the alcohol levels in Gals bloodstream reached the "it's-time-to-go-now" point, if you know what I mean...

Just before the rest of them left for London again we bumped into this guy, who I lovingly refer to as the purple freak... he just goes around hugging people and doing freaky things... but he was a very sweet freak, don't get me wrong... and he was in good company hanging with us!

At the end of the festival I got to hang out with my good friends Stephie and Arthur who came all the way here to give me a ride home... very sweet of them... we didn't really hang about for too long as we were all pretty wrecked... the drive home was about 3 hours which wasn't too bad... now it's time too enjoy the weekend a little!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home