Saturday, June 27, 2009

Childhood inspiration

I know there are mixed feelings about Michael Jackson passing away recently... understandable considering the highs and lows of his life in the limelight.... for my part I have to say that Michael Jackson was a large part of my childhood as with many of my generation... "Billie Jean" was one of the first singles I ever owned and I used to listen to it over and over again and pretend to be Michael... I was about 7 at the time... and I am sure Ndugu Chancler's drumming on that track left a lasting impression on my fresh and open ears... anyway all of this led me to go down memory lane this morning and got me thinking about other songs that were a large part of my childhood and were to be the inspiring sounds leading me to become a musician.... most of these were seen by my sister Carima and myself as we watched Top Of The Pops (when it was still good) and we would dance around the coffee table pretending to be whomever was on tv.... this was a lovely walk down memory lane for me... feel free to join me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home